The Picton Museum is owned and operated by the Picton Historical Society Inc. (PHS) and built on land leased from the Marlborough District Council (MDC).

The PHS is an Incorporated Society and a registered charity [cc26062], founded in 1958. It has a current membership of 110 with Society elected members filling the positions of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and 4 committee members.

The Society - Te Kohanga Taonga, "The Nest of Tresures" is a non-profit organisation whose only asset is the Picton Museum building and contents (Artefacts and Archive).

The PHS income is reliant on membership fees, donations, grants and Museum entry fees. The Museum, as a publicly funded institution, receives a subsidy from MDC on a one-for-one basis of door entry sales.

 


Picton Historical Society Committee in the Museum,  2016

From left: Angela Scott (Receptionist), Gary Riggs (Treasurer), Glynne Perano (Governance), Jill Aldridge, Jon Perano (President),

John O'Halloran, Dianne Smith, Loreen Brehaut (Secretary),  Bill Brehaut (Extension liaison)




Make a Free Website with Yola.